Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Serious college troubles! Please help me!?

For this semester I have been taking this advanced English 1130 cl along with a Math cl while being on Academic probation. The English 1130 cl can prepare anyone for University and I've been told by many at my campus that it is a very difficult course to p. However, I have no intention of going to University and I have all the requirements of the Early Childhood education program that I want to apply for in September. I have been working to the best of my effort and studying hard but I have been getting "C-'s" and got one F on an ignment. I also took the midterm exam and don't know what mark I got for that yet. Today, I found out from my dad that he finally admitted to me that the only reason he wanted me in the English 1130 cl is for me to get out of the house all day so that he and my mom won't have to deal with me. I got real angry and stressed about that. I have not told my parents about my academic probation and since the withdrawal date is coming up I'm seriously thinking of withdrawing from English 1130. The odds for me to pass this course seems very slim and if I don't withdraw I could very well risk failing the course and end up in Academic Suspension for a whole semester and I don't want that. Even if I do withdraw from the class, I can possibly avoid suspension but also have to tell my parents about the withdrawal. I told my Dad about the marks I've been getting in my assignments and he says to me to just keep going; try my best with the course and even if I don't pass I can still learn something from it. But that won't cut it with the campus administration and registrar's office if I failed the course because they will still suspend me. I've also talked with an academic advisor and a counsellor about this and they are no help. I even get help from the learning centre and still get these crappy grades in the class. With my campus, it seems that the right hand does not know what the left is doing so I'm getting mixed messages from everyone. I know this is long but can someone (ANYONE) help me with this difficult situation that I'm in? Please note, I'm 21 also and have a severe learning disability; ADHD; asperger syndrome which makes it difficult for me to understand things so that is a real real setback for me and I'm under a time limit with my parents saying to me that we will be moving from the house in 2 more years and once those 2 years are up, we will move and they will not let me live with them in the new place wherever we are going to live. Can anyone please help me??

No comments:

Post a Comment