Wednesday, November 9, 2011

I want to play the drums and hopefully be in a band one day, but dont know where to begin?

Of course not. It's never to late for anything. When i first wanted to learn guitar, i didn't know where to start myself. I thought to myself, i will never be as good as the people i listen to and its just stupid me even starting. I had no one really backing me either i just thought it would be cool. I never thought i would be able to do what i can now. I used to look at my tutor play things i can play now with my eyes closed and think how the F**k can i do that. It comes second nature to you if you put the effort in and spend time practising. It may seem boring at first but its all part of learning. You have no idea of that good feeling you get when you master and play your first full song throughout flawlessly. You may think when you get the drums, you will never be good but you WILL. It takes time and practise but you will. Matt tuck was 15 when he started playing guitar, now he's the rhythm guitarist and lead singer of probably one of the most popular metal bands to date. Definitely go for it. I'm no expert in drums, i've never even held a drum stick but they've always appealed to me. I wouldn't know what to get for a first set but go with a site like Dawson's or Gear4music or, nip to your local store. You wait and see, i'm sure you'll rockin in no time :D

No comments:

Post a Comment